If a date appears instead of the status 'available' in the record for a book in SOLO, this indicates that it is currently on loan to another reader until this date. If all our lending copies of a book are checked out, you may place a reservation or "hold" using SOLO.
Reserving books at the SSL using SOLO
- Sign in to SOLO using your Single Sign-On.
- Find the record of the book in the catalogue and click on the "Find & Request" tab.
- Click on the name of the Social Science Library.
- If all loanable copies are currently on loan the option to "Hold" the book will appear on the right hand side of the item's details. Items which say they are "available" are already in the library and do not need to be reserved. Click on "Hold".
- In the option box which appears, the "Delivery/Pickup Location" will default to "Social Science Library".
- There is no need to enter any further details such as author, title or volume.
- Click on the green "Send Request" button to submit the reservation request.
- See the SOLO LibGuide for more information on placing reservations.
You will be notified by email when a requested book is available; it will then be held for two working days.
Reserved books awaiting collection may be consulted by any reader in the library on the condition that they are returned to the desk immediately if required for collection.