Search Oxford Libraries Online (SOLO) is the search and discovery tool for the major collections of Oxford University’s libraries.
What does SOLO cover?
You can use SOLO to search:
- the physical items held in most Oxford University libraries, including the Bodleian Libraries and most college and faculty libraries
- Oxford University's collections of e-books, e-journals, online articles and databases available from our publisher subscriptions
- materials received by the Bodleian Libraries via electronic legal deposit (eLD)
- research papers and theses deposited in the Oxford Research Archive (ORA)
SOLO does not search:
- manuscripts held by the Bodleian Libraries (except for theses)
- the John Johnson Collection of Printed Ephemera
The Bodleian Libraries' map collections and many of the rare books we hold can be searched on SOLO. However, manuscripts, archives and printed ephemera are not listed on SOLO – there are separate catalogues for these. Find out more about the available catalogues and finding aids.
Sign into SOLO
We recommend that you log into SOLO before searching. Some publishers strictly limit access to subscription e-resources to members of subscribing institutions. If you are a member of Oxford University, you will need to log in to access these resources.
Learn more about signing into SOLO and using your SOLO account.
Guide and help
For more detailed information about how to use SOLO, visit our SOLO guide. To get immediate help during working hours, chat to us via Live Chat (find it on SOLO or at the bottom of this page) or talk to a member of library staff.
If you have feedback, including questions, comments or requests, or if you notice anything unusual about the information in SOLO, please email email@example.com.