Print, copy and scan
- MobilityPrint allows you to download a driver to your device. This can be quicker and more flexible than WebPrint if you are doing a lot of printing. To access MobilityPrint, follow the instructions to print from your device.
- Print from a library PC in a library reading room
- Save your document as a PDF and print from a USB directly at the copier.
You can use our Print, Copy and Scan (PCAS) facilities to print documents and to copy library items.
Readers are welcome to use personal digital cameras and scanners, subject to restrictions.
PCAS account and payment
PCAS is used across all Bodleian Libraries to manage and pay for your printing, copying and scanning. You can send documents to print from any location and collect them at any PCAS-enabled device in the libraries, and make copies of library items.
Your PCAS account can also be used to pay for Scan and Deliver and inter-library loan services.
Your PCAS account
If you have a University or Bodleian Reader card, you will automatically receive a PCAS account. Use your Bodleian Libraries username and password to log into PCAS.
You can top up your account by:
- debit or credit card (minimum £0.10, maximum £200)
- using cash (Continuing Education Library)
Please note that we cannot refund partially used credit.
Link your library card
You can link your University or Bodleian Reader card to your PCAS account on any PCAS-enabled library device. Tap your card on the touchpad and enter your Bodleian Libraries username and password when prompted. Next time, you can tap your card on the machine to log in.
The current costs for printing, copying and scanning are:
|Type and size||Single||Double|
|Black and white, A4||6p||9p|
|Black and white, A3||10p||15p|
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of this service. By using this service, you agree to be bound by them.
Accounts will expire when your University or Bodleian Reader card expires. Unused credit can be transferred to a renewed or new card, as long as all the necessary details are provided. Email email@example.com for support.
We can only refund complete, unused PCAS credit that has been added to your account using a credit/debit card within 2 years of the initial transaction. It can only be refunded back onto the bank card that you used to add it. Partially used credit and cash top-ups cannot be refunded. Please email PCAS if you require further information.
- Information about us
- "We" are The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford, whose administrative offices are at University Office, Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JD, England.
- If you have a service-related query, you may contact us as follows: Bodleian Libraries Room 1.04, Weston Library, Oxford, OX1 3BG. Phone: 01865 277070 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our VAT number is GB 125 5067 30.
- The service
- This service allows you to make an online payment to credit your account for pre-paid printing, copying and scanning.
- To use this service you will be required to use a printing account and access the internet-based payment method.
- To credit your printing account using this online payment service, you will need to complete a payment form.
- Once you have completed the payment form, you will receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your payment and providing confirmation that your account has been credited. If you do not receive such an email, or if you encounter an error message during or after the submission of the payment form, your payment has not been processed.
- You will only be able to use your PCAS account in The Bodleian Libraries.
- You may cancel your payment within seven (7) working days. To do so you must notify us in writing or other durable medium (including email) within those seven (7) working days. You will then be entitled to a refund from us, which will be paid to you (using the same method employed to make your payment) as soon as possible, but in any event within thirty (30) days.
- Notwithstanding clause 4.1, you will not be entitled to a refund if you have used your print account during those seven (7) working days and if the amount that remains standing to your credit is less than your payment.
- Subject to clause 6.3 and to the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude: (a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; (b) any liability for indirect or consequential loss; and (c) any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill or wasted management or office time, in each case whether direct or indirect and whether caused by breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of these terms will be limited to the amount paid by you for the service concerned.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Force majeur: We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
- Entire agreement: These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us, relating to the service.
- Alterations We may alter these terms from time to time, following which all use of our website will be governed by that version. You should check the terms prior to each use of the service.
- Law: These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England; and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with them.
Using the PCAS facilities in the libraries
- Scan and deliver
Receive scans by email of book chapters or journal articles
- Inter-library loans
Order material from other institutions
- Imaging services
Find and buy, for editorial and other use, high quality images of the Bodleian Libraries' collections
- Special collections mediated copying
Digital scans of unrestricted special collections items
- Library account and password
Register for your account to access SOLO, Wi-Fi and library computers