Using library scanners
Use the multi-function PCAS devices in the libraries to scan items and send them to an email address or to a USB device. Make sure you are aware of the library guidelines on what you can copy and the copyright restrictions on making digital copies.
The University email file size limit is 100MB. Make sure you do not scan too many pages before submitting your scan job or you may lose your work. Be aware that if you scan larger items, graphics or in colour, this will create a larger file.
If your book is not a standard A4 or A5 size, read the instructions for non-standard sizes. If you wish to name your scan file or change the file format from PDF, read the instructions for changing file properties. More settings are available in Advanced Settings.
Scan via the glass pane
- Lift the lid of the scanner and place the item you wish to scan face-down on the glass in the top left hand corner. If you are scanning to USB, insert your USB stick into the slot to the left of the display screen.
- Select either Scan to Email or Scan to USB.
- If you are scanning to USB, you can change the file name or format by selecting File… and making changes as appropriate. If you are scanning to email, you can do this through the Attachment option.
- Select the Job Assembly tab.
- Select Build Job and then On.
- Press the large green button to the right of the display to begin scanning. Repeat until your scan is complete.
- Select Submit Job.
- If you are using Scan to Email, your scans will automatically be emailed to your University email address. If you are a Bodleian Reader card holder, they will be sent to the email address associated with your card. To send scans to an additional email, select + Add Recipient, then Enter Recipient and enter the additional email address and press Add.
- If you are using Scan to USB, wait until the file is saved and a Completed message displays.
- Begin scanning your next job or log out of the device. If you have used a USB stick, remember to remove it.
Scan via the document feeder
- Place the original document(s) face-up on the feeder on top of the scanner. If the document is double-sided, select Two-Sided Scanning, press Two-Sided and then OK.
- If you wish to change the file name or format, select File… and select as appropriate.
- Begin scanning by pressing the large green button to the right of the display screen. The scanned document will automatically save to your USB.
- Wait until the file is saved and a Completed message displays.
- Begin scanning your next job or log out of the device. Remember to remove your USB stick.
Use the Advanced Settings tab to:
- change the output colour of your scan;
- lighten or darken your finished scan;
- alter the resolution of your scan;
- set the scan content type (e.g. photo, map).
Download the full guides to: