Personal digital cameras and scanners
You may use personal scanners and digital cameras to make digital copies of Bodleian Libraries material, with some exceptions. Scanning or photography of material is at the discretion of library staff.
You must handle materials with proper care and comply with copyright rules.
Rules for using personal digital cameras and scanners
The following rules apply to digital scanning and photography:
- All equipment except for flatbed scanners may be used.
- You may not use flash photography at any time.
- You may not use digital cameras to take photographs within library buildings, other than authorized material.
- Depending on age or condition some material may not be eligible for copying, scanning or digital photography.
- You must follow library rules for care and handling of material.
- All copying of material, including digital scans and photographs, must comply with copyright rules and not be shared without permission.
- Guide to copyright
Full copyright guidance for using library material
- Imaging Services
Order and request permissiong to use Bodleian images
- Scan and Deliver
Request a scan from the library for your research
- Support for disabled readers
Services to support readers with a disability or a long-term health condition study or research