You may use personal scanners and digital cameras to make digital copies of Bodleian Libraries material, with some exceptions. Scanning or photography of material is at the discretion of library staff.
You must handle materials with proper care and comply with copyright rules.
Rules for using personal digital cameras and scanners
The following rules apply to digital scanning and photography:
- All equipment except for flatbed scanners may be used.
- You may not use flash photography at any time.
- You may not use digital cameras to take photographs within library buildings, other than authorized material.
- Depending on age or condition some material may not be eligible for copying, scanning or digital photography.
- You must follow library rules for care and handling of material.
- All copying of material, including digital scans and photographs, must comply with copyright rules and not be shared without permission.