Borrowing at the Nizami Ganjavi Library
Who can borrow?
- Current students and staff of the University of Oxford may borrow books from this library.
- Borrowing rights may be extended to other Bodleian readers, at the Librarian’s discretion.
- Periodicals, reference books and other material marked ‘confined’ may not be borrowed.
Loan allowances and rules
For readers with borrowing rights, the loan allowances are:
- 8 items at a time
- 2-week loan period
- 3 renewals per item
Renewals and returns
You may borrow books for the full vacation period provided the books have been renewed on time.
An automated renewal reminder will be sent to you by email shortly before an item is due for return.
Please leave books for return in the blue box on the counter just inside the library door or pass them to the library staff member at the desk.
You are responsible for borrowed items until they are returned to the library and you may not pass them on to another person.
Books may only be taken out of the UK with prior permission of the Librarian.
At any time, you must return items if asked to do so by the Librarian.
If books are not renewed or returned by the end of the loan period, you will accrue a fine.
Fines and charges
Fines are currently suspended. Find out more about fines from the Bodleian Libraries.
- For overdue items, fines are charged at a rate of 20p per day.
- Fines for this library can be paid online or by contacting the issue desk. The minimum online payment is £2.
- Fines will not clear automatically from your account. This must be done by library staff after the automated system has notified them of your payment.
Lost books incur a replacement cost of £30 plus a £10 administration charge. This must be paid by cash or cheque at the library issue desk, or online.