You will need a Library card login to:
- Log on to reader PCs
- Log on to the Bodleian Libraries wireless network
- Log on to the wired network with an Ethernet cable
- (Non-university members only) Access your personal account on SOLO.
Current members of Oxford University should use their Oxford Single Sign on (SSO) to access their personal account on SOLO. However, they will still need to use their Library password to log in to reader PCs and the Ethernet and wireless networks.
The username for all readers corresponds to the 7-digit number on their library card.
Library Cards and University Cards are issued with a default password of your date of birth in the format DDMMMYYYY (e.g. 16OCT1988). You should reset your password at the first opportunity, using the following procedure.
Setting a new library password
- Go to https://register.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/.
- You will be prompted to enter your University/Library card barcode number and to transcribe the Captcha security word displayed on screen. Click on Continue.
- Check your email. You should find an email from email@example.com containing a link to the password reset page.
- Click on the link then enter and re-enter a password of your choice. Please note that the password is case specific and should be a minimum of 6 characters long. Do not use your name, date of birth or barcode number as your password.
- A confirmation message will display and you will be able to use it within 10 minutes.
If you are unable to set/re-set your password, please contact a member of library staff.