Services and facilities at the Leopold Muller Library
Print, Copy and Scan (PCAS)
Bodleian Libraries Print, Copy and Scan facilities are available in this library. Find out more about how to use them and how to manage your PCAS account.
Connect to library Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is available throughout the library. The Bodleian Libraries offer several Wi-Fi networks, including ‘Bodleian-Libraries’ for University and Bodleian Reader card holders, and ‘eduroam’ for members of educational institutions. Find out more about how to connect.
Use library computers
Library PCs are available for you to use in this library. All computers provide access to SOLO, the catalogue for Oxford University’s libraries. Find out more about using Bodleian Libraries PCs.
Request or reserve items
The Bodleian Libraries hold around 8 million items in off-site storage. Items can be ordered from the Book Storage Facility (BSF) and delivered to the Leopold Muller Library for you to consult. Find out more about how to place stack requests via SOLO.
If you want to read something that is not available in Oxford, we will try to find it for you from another library. Find out more about inter-library loans.
We also make our library holdings available to UK and Irish libraries and organisations that have a British Library account.
We can supply loans to UK and Irish libraries and organisations with a British Library account, or overseas organisations on payment in advance with IFLA vouchers or via the LMML online shop. We do not lend to individuals. We cannot accept requests submitted on IFLA request forms.
All loans are strictly for library use only and cannot be taken out of the borrowing library for home reading. Items from our open shelves cannot be renewed, but other items can usually be renewed unless another request has been made for them. All loans are subject to recall. If an interlibrary loan item is lost or damaged whilst on loan to you, we will pass on to you the amount charged by the British Library for lost items.
We can supply photocopies of library material for non-commercial purposes to organizations and individuals on payment of an invoice or payment in advance with IFLA vouchers, or via the LMML online shop.
The following items are not available for loan:
- items over 100 years old
- collectable, fragile or unsuitably bound items
- items bound with others
- items on reading lists
- dissertations and theses submitted for Oxford University degrees (contact Oxford Theses for options and prices for copying).
Certain materials cannot be copied by the Document Supply service, eg out-of-copyright books in their entirety, very large items, fragile items, items bound with others. In these cases, libraries should contact our Imaging Services.
The Leopold Muller Memorial Library reserves the right to decline any request for any reason.
How to make a request
Requests should be sent by email or by post. Please quote a request number.
- British Library account holders: Please quote your library’s account code when making your request. We charge standard British Library prices.
- Requests made with IFLA vouchers: if the requested item can be supplied we will contact you to let you know the number of IFLA vouchers required or the amount to be paid via the LMML online shop. The charge is usually 2 vouchers for a loan and 1 for a photocopy but may be higher for heavy books and long articles. The vouchers must be sent in advance.
- Requests made using payment by invoice: only photocopies for non-commercial purposes can be supplied for payment by invoice. Our current charge is £11.80 per article, including postage and packing.