We can supply loans to UK and Irish libraries and organisations with a British Library account, or overseas organisations on payment in advance with IFLA vouchers or via the LMML online shop. We do not lend to individuals. We cannot accept requests submitted on IFLA request forms.
All loans are strictly for library use only and cannot be taken out of the borrowing library for home reading. Items from our open shelves cannot be renewed, but other items can usually be renewed unless another request has been made for them. All loans are subject to recall. If an interlibrary loan item is lost or damaged whilst on loan to you, we will pass on to you the amount charged by the British Library for lost items.
We can supply photocopies of library material for non-commercial purposes to organizations and individuals on payment of an invoice or payment in advance with IFLA vouchers, or via the LMML online shop.
The following items are not available for loan:
- items over 100 years old
- collectable, fragile or unsuitably bound items
- items bound with others
- items on reading lists
- dissertations and theses submitted for Oxford University degrees (contact Oxford Theses for options and prices for copying).
Certain materials cannot be copied by the Document Supply service, eg out-of-copyright books in their entirety, very large items, fragile items, items bound with others. In these cases, libraries should contact our Imaging Services.
The Leopold Muller Memorial Library reserves the right to decline any request for any reason.
How to make a request
Requests should be sent by email or by post. Please quote a request number.
- British Library account holders: Please quote your library’s account code when making your request. We charge standard British Library prices.
- Requests made with IFLA vouchers: if the requested item can be supplied we will contact you to let you know the number of IFLA vouchers required or the amount to be paid via the LMML online shop. The charge is usually 2 vouchers for a loan and 1 for a photocopy but may be higher for heavy books and long articles. The vouchers must be sent in advance.
- Requests made using payment by invoice: only photocopies for non-commercial purposes can be supplied for payment by invoice. Our current charge is £11.80 per article, including postage and packing.