The Sainsbury Library has a number of PCs and Macs for Oxford Said members.
To log-in, use your network account username and password (no need for the full email address version of your username).
Two PCs are available for any member of the Bodleian Libraries to use.
To log-in to these, use your Bodleian username and password.
Laptops, Devices and Docking Stations
You are welcome to bring your own laptop or tablet computer to the Sainsbury Library. We have docking stations available in both of the Reading Rooms which allow you to connect your laptop to a larger screen, full-size keyboard and mouse.
To access the internet on your laptop or mobile device you may use the one of the Wi-Fi networks available within the Library:
Which Wi-Fi network should I use?
- Current SBS member - If you have your SSO activated, use Eduroam. If you are still waiting for your SSO, use _TheCloud.
- Member of another educational institution - If you have previously set up an account, you can use the Eduroam network.
- Bodleian Readers' Card-holder - Use the "Bodleian-Libraries" network. The first browser window you open after connecting will take you to a log-on page where you should enter your Bodleian username and password.
- Attending an Oxford Saïd conference - You may be able to use the "SBS-Conf" network. Please contact your conference organiser for more information. Otherwise use _TheCloud.
Wi-Fi Setup instructions:
We have the following equipment available to readers for library use only:
- E-Book Readers and Tablets (including iPads and Amazon Fire)
- E-Pens and Note Tools (including text scanning and reading pens)
- USB-C Power Adapter (29W) (x 2)
- Alternative plug for the 29W USB Type-C Power Adapter (x 2)
- USB-C Power Adapter (87W)
- USB-C Charge Cable (2m)
- USB-C to USB Adapter
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (splits on USB-C port to HDMI, USB and USB-C)
- MagSafe Power Adapter (85W) (x 2)
- Alternative plug for the 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (x 2)
- MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (85W) (x 3)
- Power Adapter Extension Cable (x 3)
- Alternative plug for the 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (x 2)
- Mini display port to HDMI cable (for connecting MacBooks to Docking Stations) (x6)
- Lightning to USB Cable (x 3)
- USB Power Adapter (12W)
- USB Power Adapter (5W)
- 30-pin to USB Cable
- Kensington MicroSaver Cable Lock for MacBook Pro/Windows Laptop (x 4)
- Ethernet cables (x 4)
- Power cable: 1m C7 'Figure of 8' power cable for Windows laptop
- Power cable: 1m C5 'Cloverleaf' power cable for Windows laptop
- Power cable: 1m C13 'Kettle' power cable for Windows laptop
- Mini display port to display port cable
- USB mouse for Windows laptop or Apple MacBook
- USB Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- Bamboo tablet stand
- Scientific calculator
- Kensington Travel Adaptor (Euro, UK, Australia/China, USA/Japan) (x 4)
- International travel adapter (x4)
To borrow any of these items, please ask a member of library staff. If there is an item not listed that you would like us to provide, please do make a recommendation.
For help with using any of the library's e-resources, please ask a member of library staff. For support with other IT issues, Saïd Business School members can contact the IT Helpdesk, and other members of the University can contact IT Services.