Borrowing at the Sainsbury Library
Who can borrow?
- SBS students can borrow from all sections of the library.
- Other University card holders may borrow books from the Sainsbury Library's stack and annexe collections. You will not be able to borrow books that are in high demand.
- Bodleian Reader card holders have reference-only access to the library; you may not borrow items.
How to borrow
SBS members are registered automatically. Visitors should visit the library desk on their first visit to register your card. After this, you will be able to borrow books using the self-issue machine on the lower floor.
|Lower Reading Room items||Upper Reading Room (Stack collection) and Annexe||Loan period||Renewals|
|Undergraduates and taught postgraduates||12||10||1 week||Unlimited|
|DPhil students and staff/faculty||12||16||28 days||Unlimited|
Renew and return items
- You can check the status and due dates of your loans via SOLO. You will be able to renew your loans online if they have not been requested by another reader.
- We will send you an email reminder the day before a book is due back.
If you lose a book you have borrowed, you will be required to pay a lost book charge and for the cost of a replacement.