Getting started: Research postgraduates
The Bodleian Libraries supports researchers at every stage of their research.
This getting started guide for researchers and research postgraduates at the University of Oxford outlines the tools, services and expertise available to help you enhance your skills, find and manage data, stay up to date with current developments in your field, and publish and share your research.https://www.youtube.com/embed/-nsYjgaY2Fs?rel=0
SOLO is the resource discovery tool for Oxford’s libraries. You can use it to search the holdings of the Bodleian Libraries, other department and faculty libraries, and college libraries.
Research help from library staff
Workshops, training and guides
- iSkills workshops
- Copyright guide
- Reference management
- Study skills resources on Oxford Reading Lists Online (ORLO) (SSO required)
Access specialist material
Access material not held at the University
- Inter-library loans
- Recommend a new resource
- Library Hub Discover: search materials held across major UK and Irish libraries
- Find UK theses on EThOS (Electronic Theses Online Services)
The Bodleian Libraries provides support and services to help you find, access and manage research data.
- Find data and statistics
- Organising, using and storing your research data
- Workshops and training for using data
- Deposit your data (ORA-Data)
We also offer a data brokering service.
For more help and support, contact the Data Librarian.
Digital tools and collections
We can provide support and help with funding applications and guidance on technology platforms to researchers interested in working with:
- digital collections that involve materials for the Bodleian Libraries
- new or existing collections of metadata from the Bodleian
- the long-term sustainability of your project
Contact us as soon as you have your research question in mind: firstname.lastname@example.org
3D printing and VR service
Services for disabled readers
Publishing and sharing your research
- Getting published
- Open access for publication
- Depositing your research on Oxford Research Archive
- Register for a research identifier (ORCID) at Oxford
- Reproducible research
- Public engagement with research at the Bodleian Libraries
- Research at Oxford
- Research Support
- Research Data Oxford
- Researcher Hub
- Open Access Oxford (OAO)
- Doctoral Training Centre
- Social Sciences researcher development
- Humanities researcher development
- Medical Sciences study skills
- Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences research training
Not sure where to start? Use our live chat service to talk directly to library staff or send us an email.