Finishing your degree

As you prepare to finish your degree and leave Oxford, here are some things to remember.


If you have items on loan from any libraries, please make sure you return them before you leave. 

All books must be returned to the library they were borrowed from.

Lost books

Please remember to report any lost items. Lost book charges can only be paid to the library from which the lost item was borrowed.

Print, Copy and Scan (PCAS) account

Any unused credit on your PCAS account cannot be refunded and so we urge you​ to use it before you leave Oxford. ​

On request, credit can be transferred to another PCAS account. Please email for assistance.

RefWorks account

If you have registered for an individual RefWorks account you will have lifetime access to that account (for as long as we continue to subscribe). 

For more information on RefWorks and the other reference management software we support, see our references management guide.

Deposit your research in ORA

Research materials produced by you during your enrolment with the University can be deposited with the Oxford University Research Archive (ORA). This includes research publications, such as journal articles and conference papers (see the Open Access Oxford website), research data that underpins your research, and your research theses. Find out more about depositing your research in ORA

If your programme of study is for a research degree, deposit to ORA is a mandatory part of graduation requirements for current students.

Oxford Alumni resources and privileges

As a graduate of the University of Oxford, you can apply for a Bodleian Reader card for non-borrowing access to the Bodleian Libraries. Alumni can also gain access to a collection of library databases via free registration. Find out more in our guide for alumni.

Returning again in October to start a new degree?

If you are returning as a student in October to start a new degree at Oxford, you can apply for a temporary Bodleian Libraries reader card to use across the summer vacation and before your new University card is issued at the start of the next academic year.

Please contact library staff for more information about how to apply.