Please consult the Bodleian Library regulations. In addition, readers should note the following:
1. The library is open at the times specified, provided that a member of staff is available to supervise it.
2. Food or drink may not be taken into the library with the exception of bottled water and hot drinks contained in KeepCups. These can be purchased from the Social Science Library. Smoking is not permitted.
3. Silence should be maintained as far as possible in the library. Readers are asked to respect the needs of other users.
4. Library books and other materials may not be marked, defaced or damaged in any way. Readers who damage library items, or fail to return them from loan, will be required to pay the full cost of their replacement plus an administration charge.
5. Students may, if eligible, borrow books for the periods set out here. Those not normally eligible may apply to the Librarian for special permission to borrow.
6. Confined items, periodicals (bound or unbound), pamphlets and unpublished theses may not be borrowed.
7. Readers must self-issue books or have them issued by staff.
8. Readers returning books should give them to the Library Assistant or place them in the returns box. Books not so returned remain the responsibility of the borrower.