The Library welcomes feedback from all its users. Academics, researchers and students are represented through the Social Science Committee on Library Provision and Strategy (CLiPS). The Committee meets once a term, every Friday of Week 5.
Its remit is to provide guidance and advice to the Social Science Librarian on all aspects of library service provision in the SSL (such as opening hours, book selection and IT), and to consider all matters affecting the administration of the SSL (including the budget and staff).
Each relevant department has an academic and student representative on the Committee to raise issues of concern, give feedback and pass on information from the Library. The Chair of the Committee is James Forder, and the Secretary is Jo Gardner.
The SSL endeavours to be very responsive to the concerns of our readers and current Departmental representatives are listed below.
NB: Please only contact your library rep with feedback about the SSL or issues you would like discussed by the Committee. For questions about the SSL, or for help with using the library service, please contact the library directly.
- James Forder
Centre for Criminology
- Academic: Alpa Parma
- Graduate: Laura Fritsch
Department of Economics
- Academic: James Forder
- Graduate: Xiyu Bao
- Undergraduate: Rebecca Collins
- Undergraduate: Rachel Parlour
International Development and Refugee Studies
- Academic: Tom Scott-Smith
- International Development Graduate: Malvika Gupta
- Migration/Forced Migration Graduate: Kim Horner, Samuel Ritholtz
Department of Politics and International Relations
- Academic: Louise Fawcett
- Politics Graduate: tbc
- International Relations MPhil: Julia Vassileva
- International Relations DPhil: Arthur Duhe, Jessica Gliserman, Sam Rowan
- Politics Undergraduate: Niles Breuer, Eleanor Wride
Department of Social Policy and Intervention
- Academic: Fran Bennett
- CSP Graduate: Kate Samuelson
- EBSIPE Graduate: Christina Craig
Centre for Socio-Legal Studies
- Academic: Jessie Blackbourn
- Graduate: Cristina Golomoz
Department of Sociology
- Academic: Killian Mullan
- Graduate: Ryan bell