Borrowing books from our Loan collection
1. Approved persons, whose names willl be entered in a register, may borrow books from the Bodleian Japanese Library Loan collection. Such persons will be holders of a blue-stripe University Card, i.e. resident members (matriculated students and staff) of Oxford University. This includes those with the officially recognised status of Visiting Student and with official Academic Visitor status, i.e. Nissan Visiting Fellows, Senior Associate and Associate Members attached to or sponsored by the Nissan Institute and for whom the appropriate card has been obtained.
2. The Loan collection consists of material from the residual Nissan Institute Library collection together with later additions to it. Confined material, such as periodicals and reference books may not be borrowed.
|No. of items||Loan period||Online renewals||In-person renewals|
|Taught Postgraduates||6|| |
|Research Postgraduates||10|| |
|University staff||10|| |
|Nissan/OI teaching staff||10|| |
3. Books may be renewed a limited number of times via OLIS if they have not been reserved by other readers. (Online renewal from SOLO My Account).
4. All books must be returned to the Library by the last Thursday of each Full Term.
Vacation lending: up to six (or ten, depending on the status, see rule 4) books may be borrowed for the entire vacation. Books may be taken out on and after the Thursday of Week 8 of Full Term and must be returned by the Tuesday of Week 1 of the next Full Term.
5. Readers must return books by the end of the loan period or at any time if asked to do so by the Librarian. (Items on 28-day and 91-day loans may be recalled if required by another reader.) Failure to comply will render a reader liable to be fined at the rate posted in the Library.
6. Books may only be borrowed in person and should be returned to a member of the staff. They should not be left at the library counter or elsewhere without being checked back in.
7. No borrower may lend or transfer any volume to any other person, whether a registered borrower or not.
8. Books should not be taken out of the United Kingdom.
Standard loans 20 pence per day, per book (max. £10, applied across all Bodleian Libraries).