All OUH Trust staff members have access to BMJ Best Practice – our OUH Resource of the Month for January.
BMJ Best Practice is a clinical decision support tool, uniquely structured around the patient consultation, with advice on symptom evaluation, tests to order and treatment approach.
• Search thousands of clinical topics and over 6,000 clinical guidelines
• Find answers fast using our layout that mirrors the patient consultation
• Access anywhere, with online and offline access via the BMJ Best Practice app
• Get step-by-step guidance via our unique treatment algorithm tables
• Check prescription guidance using linked drug databases and over 250 medical calculators
• Stay current with Important Updates highlighted within each topic
• Ensure your ongoing professional development, with automatic CME/CPD tracking
Access from the OUH Intranet homepage or sign in with your OpenAthens account…
Steps to log in via OpenAthens
Visit bestpractice.bmj.com and click 'Log in'.
You will be presented with an 'Access through your institution' button.
When selected, you will be asked to search for your institution. Please type and select 'NHS in England' and then log in using your OpenAthens username and password.
Now create your personal account. This will allow you to sign in directly using these details. Your personal account also allows you to log in to the app and to track your CPD/CME activity and download certificates.
NHS OpenAthens (previously called Athens) is the single username and password for nearly all the online library resources purchased for NHS staff. To register and for more information see our online guide at www.tinyurl.com/ouhathens
For further help on how to access BMJ Best Practice, see our guide here