Using the Sherardian Library
- The Sherardian Library of Plant Taxonomy is staffed on demand. It is open by appointment only and subject to availability. To book an appointment, please email the librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The General Reading Room on the First Floor has 24-hour swipe card access for members of the Department of Plant Sciences.
- Collections are available for reference use only within the library.
- The Bodleian Libraries Regulations and Rules of Conduct apply in this library.
- All material is for reference only and must not be removed from the library.
- Rare and historical material in the special collections can be consulted by appointment only. Please contact library staff to make an appointment.
- No food or drink is permitted in the library.
Layout and classification
Open-shelf books can be found in the Fielding-Druce Herbarium, the Daubeny Herbarium and the General Reading Room.
Books are organized according to Universal Decimal Classification and are ordered accordingly by shelfmark.