Using the Sackler Library
- Please move clockwise in the outer lobby and rotunda areas. Move up the North Stairs and down the South Stairs.
- When using the stacks areas:
- Floor G: wider, two-way passage (‘left-hand drive’) between rotunda entrance and lift is fine for transit purposes.
- Other floors: please move from the south side to the north side, following signage.
- When using the rolling stacks, move from south to north. Please clean your hands before using the rolling stacks. Use the hand sanitiser on the south side bench (near the reservation point) before touching rolling stack ‘levers’.
Please use the stairs when possible. The lift should be used only by those with a medical need for it. If you are a reader with a disability and require lift use, please contact the library ahead of your visit (email@example.com).
To facilitate the transport of heavy books, readers may use the book truck, placed permanently in the lift, to send books up/down from floor to floor. Readers may not accompany the book truck and their books in the lift. Please do not remove the book truck from the lift.
Lockers are not available for use. Please bring the minimum of items you need for your research and study needs in the library. Please do not ask premises staff to look after your bags in the porter’s lodge.