Book a space for individual or group study
Students are welcome to book the discussion room for group study (with some restrictions). Please check availability on the calendar before you submit a booking request.
The downstairs room is set up with individual study spaces suitable for video calls. Two of these spaces are available for library users to book (with some restrictions).
The middle space includes a Windows PC. Please check availability on the calendar before you submit a booking request.
The right-hand space includes an Apple Mac computer. Please check availability on the calendar before you submit a booking request.
To book, please ask library staff at the help desk or email email@example.com.
- University of Oxford members can book the room for academic-related purposes.
- All use of the room must follow the University’s Code of Practice on Meetings and Events.
- Room bookings must be made at least 1 working day in advance. There is no limit to how far in advance bookings may be made, but we do not take block bookings.
- Occasionally, library staff may need to enter the room to retrieve journals for other readers during your booking.
- If there are no bookings, you are welcome to use the room for individual or group study on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bookings are limited to 2 hours.
- Bookings of the discussion room for individual use will be considered if, for example, you need a space to rehearse your lesson plan or conduct interviews for your research. Department seminar rooms may also be available; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to ventilation we suggest no more than 4 people in the discussion room and no more than 2 people in the downstairs room.