Book the discussion room
The discussion room is available for academics or students to book (with some restrictions). Please check availability on the calendar before you submit a booking request.
- University of Oxford members can book the room for academic-related purposes.
- All use of the room must follow the University’s Code of Practice on Meetings and Events.
- Room bookings must be made at least 1 working day in advance. There is no limit to how far in advance bookings may be made, but we do not take block bookings.
- Occasionally, library staff may need to enter the room to retrieve journals for other readers during your booking.
- If there are no bookings, you are welcome to use the room for individual or group study on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students are welcome to book the discussion room for group study. Bookings are limited to 2 hours. Due to ventilation we suggest no more than 4 people if using the space for the full 2 hours. Bookings for individual use will be considered if, for example, you need a space to rehearse your lesson plan, conduct interviews for your research or attend an online meeting. Department seminar rooms may also be available; please email email@example.com.
Academic staff should only book library reading rooms for classes and meetings if there is nowhere else available in the department. However, we make exceptions for classes that require the use of library equipment and resources.