Book the discussion room
The discussion room is currently unavailable (updated September 2021).
The discussion room is available for academics or students to book (with some restrictions). Please check availability on the calendar before you submit a booking request.
- University of Oxford members can book the room for academic-related purposes.
- All use of the room must follow the University’s Code of Practice on Meetings and Events.
- Room bookings must be made at least two hours in advance. There is no limit to how far in advance bookings may be made, but we do not take block bookings.
- Occasionally, library staff may need to enter the room to retrieve journals for other readers during your booking.
- If there are no bookings on the calendar, you are welcome to use the room for individual or group study on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students are welcome to book the discussion room for group study. Bookings for individual use will be considered if, for example, you need a space to rehearse your lesson plan, or to conduct interviews for your research. Bookings are limited to 2 hours. Department seminar rooms may be available.
Academic staff should only book library reading rooms for classes and meetings if there is nowhere else available in the department. However, we make exceptions for classes that require the use of library equipment and resources.