If you have a question about the collections and services of the History Faculty Library and are:
- a current member of Oxford University
- a current member of Oxford University Libraries
- a former member of Oxford University Libraries needing to use the HFL
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by HFL
then Ask an HFL Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the HFL who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: Bodleian History Faculty Library, Radcliffe Camera, Bodleian Library, OX1 3BG
- telephone: 01865 277262 (+44 1865 277262 from outside the United Kingdom)
More complex enquiries on collections for historical research of Britain and Western Europe may be referred to specialist staff. For any enquiry relating other subjects or areas, please contact the relevant subject librarian or use Ask an Oxford Librarian.
Notes on the service
Ask an HFL Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the History Faculty Library. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working days are Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of Oxford University Library Services. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to HFL collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.