Regulations relating to the use of the facilities of the Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford are available here.
For the benefit of all our readers we would ask you to follow these simple guidelines:
- Respect our quiet study environment: mobile phones and laptops should be set to 'silent' before you enter the library. Music listened to through headphones should be turned to a very low volume. Please do not use phones at the Issue Desk or chat loudly in any part of the library.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted except for bottled water or hot drinks in KeepCups.
- Take care of books and other material borrowed from the library; the full replacement cost will be charged for lost or damaged books (see our lost books information for further details).
- ALWAYS return borrowed books to a member of library staff; until books have been checked in they remain your responsibility
- Pay fines and other charges promptly.
Laptops may be used anywhere in the library See IT at the EFL for further information on using laptops in the library.