Wireless connectivity is available in many areas of the Taylor Institution Library, the St Giles' building Common Room and the Taylor Bodleian Slavonic & Modern Greek Library.
Wi-Fi access in the Libraries
The Wi-Fi network in the Libraries allows all Bodleian Libraries readers to access the internet for free using one of three networks. Wi-Fi-enabled laptops, tablets and mobile phones can all use our Wi-Fi networks. Details of the three available networks and guides available to help you connect to the network are listed below. Alternatively, download our printable PDF guide.
- for all Oxford University students and staff
- for members of other academic institutions who have already set up their home eduroam account
- donít need to log in each time you use it
Oxford University staff and students will find guides on how to connect to eduroam on the IT Services website at http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/network/wireless/services/eduroam/index.
Members of other academic institutions need to have already set up their home eduroam account to use the network in Oxford. If you have problems using your account, please contact your home institutionís IT support service.
- use this network if you do not have access to eduroam or OWL
- for all registered users of the Bodleian Libraries
- log in each time you use it and after 30 minutes of inactivity
Connecting to this network
- Connect your laptop or mobile device to the Bodleian-Libraries network.
- Open a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
- You will be prompted for your barcode number (shown on your Library or University card) and your password (see below).
- You will need to log in to the network each time you visit the library.
Which password do I use?
Library Cards and University Cards are issued with a default password of your date of birth in the format DDMMMYYYY (e.g. 29FEB1989). You should reset your password to something more secure as soon as possible online at https://register.bodleian.ox.ac.uk.
If you change your Library or University Card password, you will need to wait around one minute before using the new password to log on to the wireless network.
For more information about library passwords please visit our Passwords page.
Please note that the Library cannot offer computer support. If you have a technical problem, please contact your college or local computer officer, or the Oxford University IT Services.
Please ensure that your machine is up-to-date with security patches and virus protection; and please remember that you must adhere to the University's Computer Usage Rules. If your laptop has been compromised, it will be blocked from connecting to the network.
Please operate your computer as quietly as possible in the Library.