If you have a question about the collections or services of the Science Libraries (Alexander Library, The Radcliffe Science Library or Sherardian Library), and are:
- a current member of Oxford University.
- a current member of the Bodleian Libraries.
- a former member of the Bodleian Libraries needing to use one of the Science Libraries.
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about material held by one of the Science Libraries.
then Ask a Science Librarian.
If you wish to recommend a book or other printed material please use the Recommend a Book service. [Opens in new window.]
If you wish to recommend an electronic resource (journal or database) please use Suggest an e-Resource service. [Opens in new window.]
(All fields marked * are compulsory.)
Your question will be sent to the Radcliffe Science Library who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: Radcliffe Science Library, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QP
- telephone: 01865 272800 (+44 1865 272800 from outside the United Kingdom)
Notes on the service
Ask a Science Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the Bodleian Science Libraries. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working days are Monday to Friday except for the Easter, Christmas/New Year, and August Bank Holiday closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to Alexander Library, Radcliffe Science Library or Sherardian Library collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.