Borrowing at the Girdlestone Memorial Library
Who may borrow?
- Borrowing privileges are available to current Oxford University staff and students who hold a valid University card, and employees of the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- You should check in advance at one of our library helpdesks that your borrowing rights have been activated.
Loan allowances and rules
- Almost all the books in the Bodleian Health Care Libraries can be borrowed. Find out more about collections held by the Health Care Libraries.
- You can borrow up to 10 books at a time.
- Loans are for 2 weeks at a time.
- To borrow books, take them to the issue desk in the library or use the self-service machines.
Renew and return
- You will receive a reminder email shortly before a borrowed item is due for return to the libraries.
- You can renew a book 26 times as long as no one else has requested it.
- To renew an item, log in to your SOLO account.
- You can also request a renewal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or phoning 01865 221936. Outside staffed hours, please request renewals via email and include your name, and library card number.
Fines are currently suspended. Find out more about fines from the Bodleian Libraries.
If you do not return or renew an item borrowed from the Health Care Libraries, you will be charged an overdue fine. Fines per item are 50p per day.
You can pay your fines at any of the Bodleian libraries, or online using a credit or debit card. Go to the University online store and select the fine payments page of any one of the libraries to which you owe fines.