Borrowing at the Japanese Library
Who may borrow?
- Oxford University staff and matriculated students may borrow books from the Bodleian Japanese Library Loan Collection.
- Bodleian Reader card holders have reference-only access, and may not borrow.
- Books may only be borrowed in person. You may not lend or transfer any loan item to any other person, whether a registered borrower or not.
- Books must not be taken out of the UK.
|Items||Loan period||Online renewals||In-person renewals|
|Taught postgraduates||6||14 days
|Research postgraduates||10||28 days
|Oxford University staff||10||28 days
|Nissan/Oriental Institute teaching staff||10||91 days
You may borrow books for the entire vacation. You can borrow books on and after the Thursday of Week 8 of Full Term, and these must be returned by the Tuesday of Week 1 of the next Full Term.
Renew and return
- Books may be renewed a limited number of times via SOLO if they have not been reserved by other readers.
- All books must be returned to the library by the last Thursday of each Full Term.
- You must return books by the end of the loan period or at any time if asked to do so by the Librarian. Items on 28-day and 91-day loans may be recalled if required by another reader.
- You should return books to a member of staff. Books should not be left at the library counter or elsewhere without being checked back in.