If you have a question about the collections and services of the History of Medicine Library and are:
- a current member of Oxford University
- a current member of Bodleian Libraries
- a former member of Bodleian Libraries or Oxford University needing to use the Wellcome Unit Library
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by the Wellcome Unit Library
then Ask the Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the History of Medicine Library who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: History of Medicine Library, 45 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6PE
- telephone after 14.15: 01865 274604 / 274612 (+44 1865 274604 or +44 1865 274612 from outside the United Kingdom)
- telephone before 13:15: 01865 277262 (+44 1865 277262 from outside the United Kingdom)
Notes on the service
Ask the Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the History of Medicine Library. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working daysare Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to History of Medicine Library collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.