The Bodleian Library Interlibrary Loans department will consider requests from all libraries outside Oxford University, both from within the UK and Republic of Ireland, and international. We accept requests via email or post and will provide this service to libraries which hold a British Library account or participate in the IFLA voucher scheme.
All loans are strictly for library use only and cannot be taken out of the borrowing library for home reading.
We are happy to offer two free renewals per item, providing it has not been recalled by our own readers. Please contact us by email to request a renewal.
The Bodleian Library lends a considerable percentage of the collections except:
- Pre-1920 material
- Material published within the last five years and received under legal deposit
- Reference material
- Collectable, fragile or unsuitably bound items
- Items bound with others
- Special collections
- Newspapers and entire journal issues
- Audiovisual materials
- Sheet music
- Items held on open access in reading rooms - although we do offer a chapter photocopying service (within copyright guidelines) for these items.
- Dissertations and theses submitted for Oxford University degrees - however individuals may be able to purchase a copy by contacting email@example.com, who will provide an estimate of costs if possible.
Please note that the Bodleian Library Interlibrary Loans department reserves the right to decline any request for any reason.
Pricing and Payment
UK & Republic of Ireland document supply:
The payment method for this is by British Library billing account so please include your account number and request reference number in your initial request.
We charge standard British Library prices.
International document supply:
The preferred payment method is IFLA vouchers; however we will accept British Library billing accounts as payment for international requests if necessary. These charges are calculated based on our IFLA voucher charges and the current Euro exchange rate and are subject to change based upon postage costs and inflation.
Our international request charges are:
|Loan (per volume)||Photocopy (50 pages or less)|
|US & Canada||3.5||2.5|
|Australia, NZ and rest of the world||4.5||2.5|
Our contact details are:
Document Delivery Services
Telephone: +44 (0) 1865 2 77069