Support and services
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the historic buildings, certain areas in the library are inaccessible to those who require level access. Library staff can transfer inaccessible material to an accessible area for you. If you have any queries about services and facilities for disabled library users at this library, please email email@example.com.
The library has one accessible toilet, located on the ground floor to the right of the accessible entrance.
All reading room staff desks are equipped with hearing loops.
The library can provide the following assistive equipment:
- two ergonomic chairs (Lower Reading Room)
- two ergonomic chairs (Upper Reading Room)
- two height adjustable desks (Lower Reading Room)
- four height adjustable desks (Upper Reading Room)
- five coloured acetate sheets
- daylight reading lamp
- two CCTV magnifiers (one fixed, one portable)
- five magnifiers
Please ask at the Issue Desk if you wish to use any of this equipment. Assistive equipment is also available in the Gladstone Link and Radcliffe Camera. A study carrel in the Reader Common Room can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The carrel has level access, sound-proofed walls and a height-adjustable desk.