We are planning to upgrade the software that powers SOLO on Tuesday 1 July 2014. Due to the complexity of the work, SOLO will be unavailable between 6am and 9am on that day.
Although you will notice no major changes, this upgrade fixes some known issues including the following:
- Searching with Chinese script
- Refine further lightbox (pop-up) not appearing after browse search
Some new features will be added, including:
- Searches which return no results will now be directed to a page offering suggestions and a link to SOLO Live Help.
- Times Cited information will appear for some results within the Articles & More and Search Everything tabs. Citation counts are taken from Scopus and a link is provided through to the original citation within the Scopus database.
- Altmetric information will appear for some results within the Articles & More and Search Everything tabs. Hovering over the Altmetric icon provides more detail on the amount of attention an article is receiving online. A link is provided to a page relating to that specific article on Altmetric.com with onward links to the sources for the various metrics it has gathered.
Whilst SOLO is unavailable you can search the Bodleian Libraries collections via COPAC.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.