To all Oxford D.Phil. authors
Response to the Bodleian Librariesí call for DPhil theses to be digitized has been extremely good (and if you have already proposed your thesis for digitization, there is no need to contact us again). We are pleased to let you know that there is still an opportunity to take up this offer and add your thesis digitized to the Bodleianís digital collections at no charge.
Theses in digital format are rapidly becoming ubiquitous, as scholars want to make their research widely available and easily find the work of others. Thanks to the generosity and vision of Dr Leonard Polonsky, the Bodleian Libraries are able to offer to digitize a number of Oxford D.Phil. theses. This opportunity enables us to add to the growing Oxford digital thesis collection, and should result in new citations to your work
Digital copies will be made available online in ORA (Oxford University Research Archive, http://ora.ox.ac.uk/).
ORA is the university's principal online collection of research outputs produced by Oxford scholars. It offers high visibility for Oxford research. Wherever possible, the full text of research is made freely available for easy online access. You can find out more about Oxford digital theses at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/ora/oxford_etheses
If you would like us to digitize your thesis and make it available in ORA, please reply to
email@example.com as soon as possible, having provided the information below:
- Your name (as it appears on your thesis)
- The title of your thesis
- The year of your thesis
- If possible, the Bodleian shelfmark of your thesis on SOLO [eg MS.D.Phil. d.2804] (You may be able to find this at http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/)
- An email (or postal) address where we can contact you
You will be informed if your thesis is included in this digitisation and the URL will be sent to this address.
Also, please indicate your responses to the following questions:
- Do you grant the Bodleian Libraries permission to digitize the print copy of your thesis and make the digital copy available online in ORA? YES/NO
- I agree to be bound by the terms of the ORA Grant of Non-exclusive Licence [www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/ora/deposit-in-ora/deposit-licence] and I warrant that to the best of my knowledge, making my thesis available on the internet will not infringe copyright or any other rights of any other person or party, nor contain defamatory material. I AGREE / I DISAGREE
I very much hope you will take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
Digital Collections Development Manager
Please send details for the digitization of your thesis to