tel: +44 (0)1865 277605
address for book returns: Bodleian Staff Library Returns, Osney One Building, Osney Mead. Oxford OX2 0EW
The Bodleian Staff Library supports the continuing professional development of library staff, including graduate trainees, part-time library school students and CILIP Professional Registration candidates.
It is a lending collection and includes the following subjects:
- Librarianship and library science
- People with disabilities
- Teaching and training
- Health and safety
- Library services
- Electronic information resources
- Social media
You can find out exactly what's in the collection by searching on SOLO and limiting your search by 'Bodleian Staff Library'.
Recent acquisitions can be viewed on our LibraryThing page. Updates on the work of the Libraries Graduate Trainees can be found on the Oxford Trainees blog. The now defunct 23 Things for Research blog provided further information on the self-directed 23 Things course for staff and students.
You are welcome to propose items for purchase - please email the subject librarian with details of the books you would like to suggest.
Libraries and reading rooms
The Bodleian Staff Library is located on the second floor of the Osney One building. You are welcome to visit between 08:30 - 16:30. If you are attending a course at Osney, why not arrive a little early to allow yourself some time to explore the collection? There is a self-issue terminal in the library.
The Bodleian Staff Library is managed by the Bodleian Libraries but all library staff who work for Oxford University - i.e. Bodleian Libraries, colleges, departmental library staff - can use it. To register, please email the subject librarian including your name and University card number.
You may also borrow items remotely. To do this, please email the subject librarian with:
- Your name
- Your University card number
- Your library address
- The details of the item you wish to borrow
The book will be issued to you and sent in the internal mail. You may borrow up to 10 items. Books are loaned for 4 weeks. You may renew your books up to 6 times, either online or by emailing the subject librarian.
How to renew your Staff Library books online:
- Go to SOLO and click on "Sign in" and enter your Single Sign On details. Click on "My Account" in the top right-hand corner.
- Your list of active loans will appear.
- Use the "Renew All" or tick items and use "Renew Selected" instead.
- You will not be able to renew overdue books. In this instance, email the Staff Library and we can do it for you.
- Fines are not levied but you may be contacted to check whether you still have the book(s) once the 6 renewals are up.