Search Oxford Libraries Online (SOLO) is the search and discovery tool for the major collections of Oxford University’s libraries.
What does SOLO cover?
You can use SOLO to search:
- the physical holdings of most Oxford University libraries, including the Bodleian Libraries and most college and departmental libraries
- Oxford University's collections of e-books, e-journals, articles online and databases available from our publisher subscriptions
- materials received by the Bodleian Libraries via electronic legal deposit (eLD)
- research papers and theses deposited in the Oxford Research Archive (ORA)
SOLO does not search:
- manuscripts (except for theses) held in Bodleian Libraries
- the John Johnson Collection of printed ephemera
Some of the Bodleian Libraries' special collections can be searched on SOLO, including maps and some rare books. However, many of them, including manuscripts and printed ephemera, are not catalogued on SOLO. If you are interested in searching our special collections, find out more about the available catalogues and finding aids.