Before making an application, please see the Terms for All Fellowships.
- Note the application deadline for each Fellowship:
- BSECS-Bodleian Fellowship 2018: Closed
- Dunscombe Colt Research Fellowship 2018: 27 January 2018
- Albi Rosenthal Visiting Fellowship in Music 2018-19: 12 February 2018 (extended from 9 February 2018)
- Bodleian Printer-in-Residence 2018-19: 1 March 2018
- Specify the name of the Fellowship on all application documents.
- See individual descriptions, including Further Particulars if supplied, for any qualification criteria or topic restrictions, and for the funds available to researchers. Indicate the preferred dates for the visit. An invitation to take up a Fellowship will be made subject to agreement on the visit dates and fulfilment of any UK visa requirement.
- Submit the completed application documents (as specified below) to the email address or postal address given below.
Applications for all Bodleian Visiting Fellowships (including the BSECS-Bodleian Fellowship and the Dunscombe Colt Fellowship) must include:
- A completed application form. Please use one of the following:
- Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled document: To be able to enter and save your information in the application form, download and 'Save as' a Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled document. Complete the form and submit with the rest of your application; or
- PDF document: Download, complete and scan with the rest of your application.
- For the Albi Rosenthal Visiting Fellowship 2018-19: Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled document for the Albi Rosenthal Visiting Fellowship 2018-19. To be able to enter and save your information in the application form, download and 'Save as' a Microsoft Word Macro-Enabled document. Complete the form and submit with the rest of your application. OR PDF document. Download, complete and scan with the rest of your application.
- For the Bodleian Printer-in-Residence 2018-19: See the programme website for application materials.
- The applicant's curriculum vitae
- A proposal for research to be carried out in the Special Collections of the Bodleian Libraries during the term of the Fellowship (1,000 words maximum). Applicants should indicate how the proposed study advances their own research goals and satisfies any particular aims of that Fellowship. Please see the description of each Fellowship for any special criteria or for specific topics related to each award.
- Two letters of recommendation from the academic referees named in the application form. Applicants should ask the referees to comment on their professional knowledge of the applicant and the contribution the proposed research would make to scholarship. The referees should be asked to send their letters directly to the Visiting Fellows Programme, Bodleian Libraries, by email to email@example.com or by post to the address below, to arrive by the application deadline.
- Each document must be sent as an individual pdf or Word file. Do NOT combine all the documents into one file.
Please note: Emailed applications and letters of recommendation MUST bear the subject line: Visiting Fellowships Applications
Send all application documents by email or post to:
Visiting Fellows Programme
Department of Special Collections
Oxford OX1 3BG