Before making an application, please see the Terms & Eligibility page.
Applications for all Bodleian Visiting Fellowships (including the BSECS-Bodleian Fellowship and the Dunscombe Colt Fellowship) must include:
- A completed application form, indicating the preferred dates and length of your visit.
Please use one of the following:
Microsoft Word document: Download, complete, save and submit with the rest of your application
- pdf: Download, complete, save and submit with the rest of your application
- Curriculum vitae
- A proposal for the fellowship period, including an outline of the research to be carried out in the Special Collections of the Bodleian Libraries during the term of the fellowship (1,200 words maximum). This statement must directly address the selection criteria as listed on the webpage, 'Terms & Eligibility'.
- Two letters of recommendation from the referees named in the application form. Applicants should ask the referees to comment on their professional knowledge of the applicant and the contribution the proposed research would make to scholarship. The referees should be asked to send their letters by email directly to the Visiting Fellows Programme, Bodleian Libraries, email@example.com, to arrive by the application deadline.
- Bahari Visiting Fellowship applicants to provide an article length example of your work
Send all application documents by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Visiting Fellowships Applications
Please note that any personal data submitted to the University as part of the Bodleian Visiting Fellowship application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation. For further information, please see the University’s Privacy Notice at: www.admin.ox.ac.uk/councilsec/compliance/gdpr/privacynotices/job/. The University’s Policy on Data Protection is available at: www.admin.ox.ac.uk/councilsec/compliance/gdpr/universitypolicyondataprotection/.