Imaging Services is the primary provider of photographic prints, paper prints from microfilm and digital files within the Bodleian Libraries.
The department also administers permissions to use these images in electronic and non-electronic forms.
A selection of our images are available to buy and download immediately via the Bodleian's picture library, Bodleian Images. Permission to reproduce these images can also be purchased at the same time, so it is worth looking online before placing an order with Imaging Services.
How to order
- Check if your image is available on our online picture library, Bodleian Images. If it is available, you can pay for and download the image online.
- If it is not available online, download and complete the Imaging Services order form (PDF), following the instructions on the form. The order form contains full price details, and terms and conditions - including copyright and permission to reproduce.
- Payment must be made in advance before an order can be processed.
- The minimum charge for any order is £15 (including charges for shipping and handling).
- A rush service is available for most material. There is a surcharge of 50% of the total order price for orders processed within 10 days.
Please ensure that you observe copyright restrictions and have completed the relevant permission to use forms.
Enquiries and contact information
The Bodleian Libraries' Imaging Services
tel: 01865 (2)77061
fax: 01865 (2)87109
The Bodleian Libraries own and retain the copyright on all reproductions produced at all times. This is separate from the original copyright of the material.
Customers may not reproduce any material supplied for any reason (including academic or personal, whether for profit or not) without written permission from the Bodleian Libraries.
Depending on what sort of usage you intend, download and print the relevant form:
The standard fees for each are given on the forms.