Imaging Services is the primary provider of digital images, photographic prints and paper prints from microfilm within the Bodleian Libraries.
The department also administers permissions to use these images in electronic and non-electronic formats.
Before placing an order
- A curated selection of images is available for purchase and licensing through our online picture library. Please visit the site to check availability.
- If images are still protected by copyright, or are to be taken from deposited collections, please ensure that copyright consent and/or the correct authorisation is supplied with your order form.
- Ensure you have the correct shelfmark and page/folio numbers required.
For help locating shelfmarks please visit:
Alternatively, you can contact our colleagues in the relevant department:
- Map Room email@example.com
- Music firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rare Books email@example.com
- Special Collections firstname.lastname@example.org
Placing an order
To place an order please download and complete the Imaging Services Order Form (PDF) using the guidelines below Customer info/delivery info
- To place an order you will need to provide full contact details including an email address. Please ensure these details are written clearly as these will be needed in order to contact you promptly with any queries relating to your order.
- When completing delivery information please ensure all sections are completed clearly for accurate despatch of images.
Use of reproductions
Please tick to indicate how you will use ordered images. If being reproduced in an electronic and/or printed reproduction please follow the link for permission to use forms which will also need to be completed. Please ensure that you follow all copyright guidance. For information on Copyright please visit http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/copy/copyright.
Permission to reproduce
The Bodleian Libraries own and retain the copyright on all reproductions produced at all times. This is separate from the original copyright of the material.
Customers may not reproduce any material supplied for any reason (including academic or personal, whether for profit or not) without written permission from the Bodleian Libraries.
Depending on what sort of usage you intend, download and print the relevant form:
The standard fees for each are given on the forms.