Oxford University Archives
About the Archives
Oxford University Archives holds the administrative records of Oxford University itself. These date from 1214 to the present and include:
- charters, statutes and title deeds;
- records of the Chancellor's Court;
- records of the University's legislative and executive bodies (Congregation, Convocation and Hebdomadal Council);
- financial and central administrative records;
- records of past members of the University;
- records of University delegacies and committees; and
- departmental and faculty records.
Most of our present holdings date from the 19th and 20th centuries and are in paper format.
We hold very little audio or audiovisual material and few photographs.