22nd October 2013
A free hands-on workshop for research students introducing key tools, techniques and resources. Topics covered in this 2 hour session include:
- Reference management software
- Literature searching and advanced search techniques
- Keeping up to date with emerging research
- Managing your thesis with Word
- Analysing data with Excel pivot tables
- Podcasting with Audacity and Weblearn
- Free software for image manipulation
- Measuring research impact
- Your thesis, copyright and submitting to ORA
During the sessions you will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
These workshops are open to graduate researchers and take place in week 8 of Michaelmas and week 1 of Hilary Term.
Read more and book your place - http://tinyurl.com/c6qyxgx.