If you have a question about the collections and services of the Bodleian Music Faculty Library and are:
- a current member of Oxford University
- a current member of Oxford University Libraries
- a former member of Oxford University Libraries needing to use the Bodleian Music Faculty Library
- an external enquirer needing information specifically about or held by the Bodleian Music Faculty Library
then Ask a Music Librarian.
All fields marked * are compulsory.
Your question will be sent to the Bodleian Music Faculty Library who will contact you directly by email. If you have difficulty using the form, please let us know, and send us your enquiry by:
- email: email@example.com
- post: Bodleian Music Faculty Library, University of Oxford Faculty of Music, St. Aldgate's, Oxford, OX1 1DB
- telephone: 01865 276148 (+44 1865 276148 from outside the United Kingdom)
Notes on the service
Ask a Music Librarian is an enquiry service provided by the Bodleian Music Faculty Library. We will respond promptly, usually within three working days (Monday to Friday), and often within 24 hours. More complex enquiries may take longer to answer where it is necessary to consult several sources and/or colleagues.
We will respond within five full working days of the receipt of an enquiry for at least 90% of correspondence, but in all cases within ten full working days of the receipt of an enquiry. Full working daysare Monday to Friday except for the Easter and Christmas/New Year closure periods.
This service is provided for registered users of the Bodleian Libraries. We are also happy to respond to reference enquiries from external users only when they relate to Bodleian Music Faculty Library collections and services. Please note that we are not able to undertake detailed research on behalf of enquirers.