If the book that you require is on loan, you can place a reservation (or hold) on it. When the book is returned, Library staff will be alerted and will keep the book at the Issue Desk for you for a week. You will receive an automated email to let you know that the book is available.
Please note You cannot reserve a book that is available: you will need to come in and find it on the shelf. You can only reserve a book from another Library if you have borrowing rights at that Library.
Below are step-by-step instructions. There is also a video tutorial which shows the procedure on the guide Reserving items.
- First, you need to sign on to SOLO. For more information on how to do this, see the instructions for renewing online.
- Search for the book and click on Find & Request.
- Click the plus sign next to Continuing Education Library to see copy details.
- If all copies show a date in the Status column (rather than Available), click Hold under Request Options.
|SOLO search showing a book on loan|
6. Click on the orange 'Hold' button. A yellow band displaying the text 'Action succeeded' should pop up.
If you need to reserve a specific volume of a multi-volume set, please ask the Library staff as it is not possible for you to specify this yourself, and you may end up with the wrong volume.