All persons wishing to use the Library must be accredited readers of the Bodleian Library and comply with its regulations. In addition they must observe the following local rules:
1. Readers of the Bodleian Library who are current members of the University of Oxford may read and borrow books. Other Bodleian readers will be given reading rights, but borrowing rights will only be extended to them at the discretion of the Librarian.
2. No person may use the Library unless he/she has completed the local registration form.
3. A reader with borrowing rights may borrow up to six books in total for two weeks. Late return of books will incur a fine of 20p per book per day until the book(s) is/are returned/renewed. Books on the Reserve Shelf may be borrowed for up to three hours for use only in the Reading Room. Late return of these books will incur a fine of 50p per book per hour. Renewal may be possible. Books may be taken out for vacations during 8th week and are due back on the Saturday of 0th week of the next term.
4. Periodicals, reference books, stack books and other material marked Confined may not be borrowed.
5. Books may only be taken out of the United Kingdom with prior permission of the Librarian.
6. A reader who borrows books is responsible for them until they are returned to the Library Desk and may not hand them on to another person nor leave them in the Reading Room.7. Articles left on Library premises are at the risk of the owner.
8. Mobile phones must be switched off while on Library premises.
9. No reader may engage in conduct which infringes the regulations of the University in respect of the use of its materials or facilities, including but not limited to the use of computers and network resources.
10. No food is allowed in the Reading Rooms.