Finding Chinese Studies Books and Journals
New! Chinese language books and journals are in SOLO
- SOLO: Bodleian Library's rich holdings of books and journals in Chinese language (including the rare book collection) are now discoverable in SOLO. Please use Chinese characters or disaggregated pin yin (i.e. pin yin, not pinyin) to search the catalogue.
- Chinese allegro catalogue will continue to be available for a transitional period. It can be searched using traditional Chinese characters or non-aggregated pin yin. Alternatively use four corner catalogue (四角目錄).
- Serica is a subset of the Chinese allegro catalogue giving details of the Chinese pre-modern (pre-1912) and special collections.
- Bodleian KB Chen Library catalogue: Some of the Chinese collections in Bodleian KB Chen Library are catalogued on cards only which consulted in Bodleian KB Chen Library.
- Catalogue of Oriental Manuscripts: The card catalogue of Oriental manuscripts is now available as a fully searchable database. The content of the Chinese section of this catalogue will gradually be added to the main Chinese catalogue and the Serica catalogue.
- Conspectus of Chinese shelfmarks: The conspectus records information on date of acquisition, provenance, current and obsolete shelfmarks for selected items in the Chinese collection.
- Estampages chinois en Europe: Chinese rubbings in the collection of the Bodleian were catalogued by Jean-Pierre Dragnet in the European Union Catalogue of Chinese Rubbings hosted at the Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient (EFEO) in Paris.
LibraryHub Discover lists holdings of over 80 UK and Irish academic, national & specialist libraries, including books and journals in Chinese language and about China.
UK Union Catalogue of Chinese books is no longer updated and remain accessible until 1 January 2021.
Chinese Studies e-Resources
The Bodleian Libraries subscribe to a number of Chinese Studies e-Resources. Please consult our Chinese Studies e-Resources page.