The Bodleian Social Science Library has two Group Discussion Rooms and an Information Skills Training Room available for academics or students to book.
The Library Committee has set the following policy concerning their use:
- These rooms are may only be booked for the use of members of the Social Sciences Division (and students of Economic and Social History) for University of Oxford-related purposes.
- The Library Information Skills Training Room may only be booked if the equipment in it is needed (projector, 20 PCs and trainer's PC).
- Room bookings must be made at least two hours in advance. There is no limit on how early a room booking may be made, but please do not make a booking unless you are certain you require it.
Please click on the link for the room you wish to book to check availability before contacting the Bodleian Social Science Library. Once you have checked availability, please email (email@example.com) or telephone 71093 with the following details:
- The date you want to book the room
- The time (include a start and finish time)
- Your name, telephone number, and email address
- Name of the session
Large Discussion Room
(seats 16 people, white board, powerpoints and 3 ethernet points, television and video/DVD player, LCD projector and screen)
Small Discussion Room
(seats 8 people, white board*, powerpoints and 3 ethernet points, LCD projector and screen)
Information Skills Training Room
(20 PCs plus 1 trainer's PC, LCD projector and screen)
Q-Step Centre Teaching Lab
(Priority use of the Q-Step Teaching Lab is for scheduled Q-Step classes and summer schools run by the Department of Politics & International Relations. Tutors from other Departments and Centres in the Social Sciences Division can book the Lab for teaching, when it is not being used by DPIR for undergraduates. )
Please note: There is a strict no food and drink policy in the library. Bottled water, and other liquids contained within a KeepCup are allowed.
Rooms booked in the evening or at weekends will shut 15 minutes before library closing time.
All four rooms are equipped with projectors and screens. The remote control for the projector in the Information Skills Training Room can be found on the presenter's PC desk at the front of the room. The remote controls for the projectors in the Large and Small Discussions rooms are available to be borrowed from the Library Issue Desk.
Filming in the Discussion RoomsFilming in the discussion rooms is permitted, if:
- All individuals involved have agreed to be filmed;
- The area is closed off so that no one is filmed accidentally
- The filming is for academic, non-commercial purposes.