The Sainsbury Library has a number of PCs and Macs for Oxford Said members.
To log-in, use your network account username and password (no need for the full email address version of your username).
Two PCs are available for any member of the Bodleian Libraries to use.
To log-in to these, use your Bodleian username and password.
You are welcome to bring your own laptop or tablet computer to the Sainsbury Library.
To access the internet on your laptop or mobile device you may use the one of the Wi-Fi networks available within the Library:
Which Wi-Fi network should I use?
- Current SBS member - If you have your SSO activated, use Eduroam. If you are still waiting for your SSO, use _TheCloud.
- Member of another educational institution - If you have previously set up an account, you can use the Eduroam network.
- Bodleian Readers' Card-holder - Use the "Bodleian-Libraries" network. The first browser window you open after connecting will take you to a log-on page where you should enter your Bodleian username and password.
- Attending an Oxford Saïd conference - You may be able to use the "SBS-Conf" network. Please contact your conference organiser for more information. Otherwise use _TheCloud.
Wi-Fi Setup instructions:
Equipment for laptops & mobile devices
We have the following equipment available to readers for library use only:
- Kensington MicroSaver Cable Lock for MacBook Pro/Windows Laptop (x 4)
- Ethernet cables (x 4)
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (Apple) (x 2)
- 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (Apple) (x 3)
- Lightning to USB Cable (Apple) (x 3)
- 30-pin to USB Cable (Apple)
- 12W USB Power Adapter (Apple)
- 5W USB Power Adapter (Apple)
- USB Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- Alternative plug for the 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (Apple) (x 2)
- Alternative plug for the 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (Apple) (x 2)
- Business card reader
- Kensington Travel Adaptor (Euro, UK, Australia/China, USA/Japan) (x 4)
- Power Adapter Extension Cable (Apple) (x 2)
- USB-C Power Adapter (Apple) (x 2)
- Alternative plug for the 29W USB Type-C Power Adapter (Apple) (x 2)
- Power cable: 1m C7 'Figure of 8' power cable for Windows laptop
- Power cable: 1m C5 'Cloverleaf' power cable for Windows laptop
- Power cable: 1m C13 'Kettle' power cable for Windows laptop
- Bamboo tablet stand
- Scientific calculator
- International travel adapter (x4)
- Mini display port to display port cable
To borrow any of these items, please ask a member of library staff. If there is an item not listed that you would like us to provide, please do make a recommendation.
For help with using any of the library's e-resources, please ask a member of library staff. For support with other IT issues, Saïd Business School members can contact the IT Helpdesk, and other members of the University can contact IT Services.