The Abbot's Kitchen Training Room is located on the ground floor (Level 4) of The Radcliffe Science Library, on the opposite side of the car park from the Entrance Hall. There is no direct access from the car park or Entrance Hall so it is reached via Level 5.
The room is used to offer induction sessions, courses for undergraduates and postgraduates, Bodleian iSkills sessions and in-house (staff) training.
When not in use for training the room is available as a computer drop-in cluster for all RSL readers. A calendar of scheduled training is posted on the door of the room and there is a "Room in Use" sign.
The room is also available for hire by departments, charities, organisations and businesses.
- Capacity 35
- 30 PCs for course attendees' use
- Interactive whiteboard (SMARTboard)
- 2 presenters' PCs
- 2 projectors
- Height adjustable desk
- Desk with an ergonomic keyboard and number pad
- Infra-red hearing system that works without the need for the presenter to wear a microphone
- Wireless network access
- Refreshment area and toilet facilities adjacent
All machines have Windows 7 installed plus a range of software - please contact us for up-to-date information. Presenters can connect their own laptops to the projectors using a standard VGA connection.