These are two-hour sessions at OUCS focusing on skills and tools for streamlining your academic work. You will be able to try out relevant software, online tools and library services, and will also meet with subject specialists for help and guidance on further training.
Topics covered include:
- Software for managing citations
- Plagiarism and how to avoid it
- Submitting your thesis to ORA
- Measuring research impact
- Image manipulation
The following sessions are coming up:
- Monday 24th January 2013, 2-4pm
- Tuesday 15th January 2013, 10am-12pm
- Thursday 16th January 2013, 2-4pm
- Friday 18th January 2013, 10am-12pm
Book now at https://weblearn.ox.ac.uk/access/content/group/e34f4cf9-1ecb-4244-a62b-ba3e96472790/SkTK_WebPages/EventPage_2012-13.html (Oxford Single Sign-On required).
Skills Toolkit is an initiative run jointly by the Bodleian Libraries and IT Services.