|Oxford Single Sign On (SSO) (current members of Oxford University only)
Sign on to SOLO to place holds/requests for items in the closed bookstacks and to access SOLO MyAcccount functions (e.g. book renewals, account settings and preferences, e-shelf and saved searches.
Access e-books, e-journals and e-resources when you are off campus.
|Bodleian Libraries username and password
Log on to the Bodleian-Libraries wifi network.
Log on to public computers in the Bodleian Libraries.
Readers who are not current members of Oxford University should also use their Bodleian Libraries username and password to sign on to SOLO as "non Oxford members" in order to place holds/requests for items in the closed bookstacks, and to access SOLO MyAccount functions (e.g. book renewals, account settings and preferences, e-shelf and saved searches).
|PCAS username and password
Make copies, print outs and scans using Bodleian Libraries photocopiers.
Current members of Oxford University with a blue stripe University card are entitled to an Oxford SSO. This is the username and password used by most Colleges and departments for email. The username is nearly always in the format abcd1234. If you have forgotten your SSO or need help with it please visit IT Services Oxford username web site.
All University and Bodleian Library members have a Bodleian Libraries username and password.
Your username is the barcode number on your University/Library card.
The password associated with this is intially set to a default value which you may have been told by library staff. Don't worry if you don't know the default password, you can set up your own password without it by following the instructions below.
All readers must set up their own password instead of the default password as soon as possible by following the instructions below. If you do not set up your own password then the system will change your password to a random string. If this happens, please follow the instructions below to set up your own password.
Setting up your password / resetting a forgotten or unknown password
- Go to https://register.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/
- You will be prompted to enter your University/Library card barcode number and to transcribe a series of letters displayed on screen. If you are unable to read them choose the "audible version" or click refresh in your browser for a new set of letters.
- Check your email. You should find an email from email@example.com including a link.
- Follow the link in the email to create a password of your choice. Please note that the password is case specific and should be a minimum of 6 characters long. You may not use your name as your password.
- Your password will be reset within 10 minutes and can be used immediately to sign on to SOLO, the Bodleian-Libraries wifi network and library workstations/computers.
If you do not receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
The email will be sent to your immediately. If it hasnít arrived within a few minutes, then please check your spam/junk folder.
In the event that you are still unable to find the email then it is possible that we have a different email address for you on file. Please check any other email addresses that are registered to you. If you are still unable to find the email please contact a member of library staff who will be able to help you.
To get help with your password either approach a member of staff in one of our libraries or contact the Ask a Librarian service.