Getting a reader's card

Getting a reader's card (Bodleian Card)

If you are currently attached to an Oxford University institution (as an employee, student, or academic visitor), your University card serves as your reader's card.

If you are not a current member of Oxford, then you will need to apply for a reader's card (Bodleian Card) at the Admissions Office. This is free for Oxford graduates and current members of other UK universities; otherwise, charges may apply.

If you are currently engaged in academic research or university-level learning, or if you are graduate of Oxford, then you can apply for a standard reader's card by filling in "Form A".

If you are engaged in private or commercial research or study, or if you wish to have access to our Special Collections, then you can apply for a reader's card by filling in "Form A" and "Form B".

Back to top