Interested in Tudor history? Become a Wikipedia editor for the day
The Bodleian Libraries are organising a Wikipedia editathon focusing on the Rediscovering Rycote online resource (http://rycote.bodleian.ox.ac.uk).
The Rediscovering Rycote project provides stories and documents about the history of one of Englandís most important lost Tudor mansions. Over 300 years, Rycote Manor welcomed all manner of historical figures, including six English kings and queens from Henry VIII to Elizabeth I. Although the original property burned down in 1807, the Bodleian Libraries and the current property owners have pieced together the stories of Rycote and its inhabitants from the archives of over fifty different antiquaries, families and historical figures using manuscripts, letters, accounts, maps and drawings from medieval to modern times.
We are running an editing session in Oxford, bringing together contributors and also encouraging virtual editing for those outside the city. The session is intended to improve the coverage of individuals and events connected to Rycote and explored on the Rycote website.
The day will include a short introduction by the Rediscovering Rycote project archivist as well as the opportunity to see some of the original manuscripts up close.
To sign up and get more details, please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_University_of_Oxford/RediscoveringRycote.
- Date: 2-5pm, Friday 15 November 2013
- Venue: Training Room, Radcliffe Science Library, Oxford (directions).
- Participants: All welcome! No Wiki editing experience is necessary, though experienced editors are very welcome;
tutorials will be provided for Wikipedia newcomers. Canít be there the whole time? No problem. Join us for as little or as long as you like.
- Canít get to Oxford? Virtual participation is welcome. Stay tuned for details of how to chat with us on the day.
- Registration: Sign up via Eventbrite
- Contacts: Any questions? Please email Elizabeth.email@example.com