22 July 2009
Readers will be aware of the flu pandemic in Britain and worldwide. In line with Government and University advice Oxford University Library Services aims to provide services as normal during the pandemic. However, if it becomes necessary to reduce services in any library due to the flu pandemic, then we will keep readers informed via the website and notices in individual libraries.
The particular importance of good hygiene at this time (e.g. regular hand washing) is being stressed.
You may wish to use the following public websites and information lines for health advice and information:
- University of Oxford flu pandemic updates: http://www.ox.ac.uk/flu/
- Health Protection Agency: <www.hpa.org.uk>
- NHS latest information and advice: <www.nhs.uk>
- NHS Direct, including a ‘Symptom Checker’: <www.nhs.uk/NHSDirect>
- Public services updates: <www.direct.gov.uk/swineflu>
- NHS swine flu information: 0800 1 513 513