Our enquiries service
Enquiries may be made to the Archives by post and by email. It is also sometimes possible to give brief information over the telephone. We are happy to provide further information concerning our holdings. We are able, however, to answer only limited and specific enquiries for information from the records themselves. We aim to send an initial response to all enquiries within five working days.
See Contact information for details of where to send your enquiry.
Image credit: Stationers Company indenture, 1610, Oxford University Archives WPβ/P/11/6
What information do we hold?
Areas of research
Further information about the following areas of research is available on this site:
- past members of the University (students and staff)
- the origins of honorary degrees at Oxford
- the first woman graduate of the University
- the University's arms
- Congregation and Convocation (PDF, 27KB)
- incorporation at Oxford
- secondary sources for the history of the University in general
For a complete list of current topics please see our FAQs.