You can join the Bodleian Health Care Libraries if you are associated with the following organisations:
- University of Oxford staff and students
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust all staff
- Oxford Brookes University Faculty of Health and Life Sciences staff and students have reference access.
Please contact us for details of how you can join if you work for another healthcare-related organisation in the Thames Valley.
When you join us you will need to provide:
- Appropriate ID (hospital staff), or University Card
- Contact details (work or course of study)
- The name of your administrator or supervisor.
You will be asked to complete a registration form (OUH staff and students click here for registration form, Oxford Brookes registration form click here) and we will need to take a photo of you if you do not already have a University Card or a Bodleian Card. Registrations are taken during registration hours at both the Cairns Library and Knowledge Centre.
Your new library card will be ready for you to collect in two working days. You'll need to collect your card during staffed hours.
Please read the Bodleian Libraries Rules of Conduct for Readers.
Access for non-HCL Bodleian Card holders
Bodleian Health Care Libraries (BHCL) are Bodleian Group 2 Libraries. Non-HCL Bodleian Card holders who are not current members of one of our external funding bodies can access BHCL during staffed hours within University of Oxford vacations only.
This group cannot:
- Borrow or order BHCL-owned material
- Have literature searches done for them
- Have 1-to-1 training.